AURORA | A gas tank explosion at the Veterans Affairs hospital under construction in Aurora last night shook houses and rattled windows up to a half mile away from the site. Fire officials say no one was hurt in the blast.
The explosion happened around 1 a.m. last night at the construction site, near East Colfax Avenue and Potomac Street. Fire crews say two, 1,000-lb. propane tanks at the site burned and one of the tanks exploded. The tanks are used to heat the building overnight for crews working in the morning.
Fire officials say the fire burned itself out within a few hours. It’s unclear if the fire caused any damage.